Buffalo Youth Lacrosse Club provides lacrosse development and competition for boys and girls in grades 1-8. Participation is open to all Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose students and to students in neighboring communities without a youth lacrosse program.
Starting in Spring of 2019 BYLC will be using Northstar Lacrosse for uniform supply. With this, all players will be purchasing a new uniform with their spring registration fee. Uniform numbers will be issued based on registration date and age seniority.
**We plan to have uniforms to try on at the parents meeting so if the size you order during registration isn't correct, we can change the size before registration ends**
NOTE: These shooter can and will only be ordered through the online registration process.
As sports parents, our view of lacrosse is from the sidelines. There’s not a lot we can do about what goes on during the game – in the field, from the coaching box or in the team huddles – but there are several ways we can help improve youth lacrosse as a parent.
1. Keep our sense of humor. Find the fun in our child’s game instead of worrying about how many minutes they play or how many points they make.
2. Turn a deaf ear. To enjoy the game, we must ignore trash talk, and if we can’t, we need to choose our sideline location carefully!
3. Develop a thick skin. If we cannot turn a deaf ear to the ignorant and senseless remarks we hear, we better develop a thick skin, one that is not overly sensitive to the rudeness of others.
4. Learn to tame your tongue. We must not coach our child from the sidelines. It’s distracting to them, undermines the coach, and puts pressure on your child to perform up to your standards.
5. Zip our lips. If you can’t say anything nice about a player, don’t say anything at all. Someone is always listening.
If you can follow these five guidelines, you’ll make youth lacrosse a better game!